Wednesday, January 1, 2014

New Year; New Challenge



I’ve written a journal for years, so what could be so hard about having a blog? Nothing but an on-line journal. Right? Well not quite. Unlike a journal, a blog is written for others to read. That means the content has to be something other than just my inner musings but something that people will want to read.

I started this blog a few weeks ago and have now committed to the Ultimate Blog Challenge. Thirty-one of daily blog content beginning today, January 1, 2014.  A new challenge for a new year. My New Year’s Un-resolution.

Never being one for making resolutions, I’ve always felt the start of New Year is terrible time to start anything. Most “resolutions” fall by the way in a few weeks so how is a challenge different. It feels different to me in that I am using a small brush and making a small start. Thirty one days, after all, is not a year.

But a month is long enough to build a daily habit of having a time and a place to write.  And if writing a blog is not like writing a journal, it also not writing a novel. A blog is one page, a short missive and permission to stop and the end of that.

I start this New Year with new challenge – to write one page each day for 31 days and I expect you to hold me to it.

Wishing you a joyous New Year.
signature-Marie

Images courtesy of The Graphics Fairy.

5 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Marie....30 days sounds like a great start to the New Year!! I have to do the same. Seems like Facebook, takes up all the spare time!!
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it is a great challenge! Welcome and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year. It is going to be a great challenge and fun to take part in UBC! All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can do it, Marie! You'll meet some awesome bloggers and get lots and lots of inspiration! Big welcome hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've completed the UBC several times. It is a challenge, yes, but you will be surprised how much you and your blogging will grow during the next 30 days. Hold yourself to it-the rewards are worth it. Alana from the UBC.

    ReplyDelete